Monday, November 24, 2008

The Meeting

Sorry it has taken so long to update but when I was getting ready to post yesterday there was a problem with the computer that I use. So Thursday was the meeting with the adult cardiologist to talk about possibility of a heart transplant. I had a test scheduled at 8:30 am, an appointment with the the lung doctor at 9:30 am, and then finally with the cardiologist at 1:20 pm. Evan was going away for the weekend and had to be at the drop off location at 3:15 pm. There was no way for us to make all the appointments and pick him up on time. So poor kid had to tag along.

First test went well....half of my diaphram does not work as well as the other but there is nothing they can do about it.

The lung guy sees no major issues with the lungs other then they are working at 50% this is not a concern with the heart I currently have and he suggested some rehab to build up conditioning but told us to check with cardiologist.


We had lunch and then headed to see cardiologist....got there a half hour early as directed and met with his nurse. She came back 15 minutes later and stated that he was in the cath lab and would be there shortly. I think that this was a stress test...in small room with only a clock on the wall ticking ever so loudly. I went to check on Evan and saw the doctor reviewing my records. He finally came in agreed that I would be a good canidate for a transplant and stated that he was in agreement with the lung doctor that the lungs and plumbing to the lungs from the heart may not sustain the new heart and we would still be in the same situation. So we maybe looking at a possible heart and lungs transplant....


Next step is to meet with the surgeon and get anyother test that they would like to have done done....so it is no longer if I need a transplant but rather how soon do I need to go on the list.

No comments:


View My Stats