Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shocking!!

Today was the last of the Pulmonary test...it involved electric muscle stimulation to check for damage. It started out with the girl asking me which one of my lungs was paralyzed. WHAT???? I told her Dr. wanted me to have test to see if there was any muscle damage that could be causing the shortness of breath. The first part was not bad they hooked up and stimulated the muscles in my left arm. The they wanted to test my diaphragm....this would be shocking the nerves and muscles to the extent that my diaphragm would contract and cause me to take a deep breath....they started the volts out low and increased them up by 10...it was annoying at first but then it hurt.....they did the left side then the right and then the left again...another tech came in and tried...2 docs came in and observed...lets just say that my diaphragm did not contract....now I don't know what that means but they ended the day with a deep muscle test.....that involved sticking a needle in my arm at 2 different times and seeing how the muscle reacted...good news there is no muscle damage.....What does all this mean...well I guess we will find it all out on the 20th of November when we meet with the Pulmonolgist and then the transplant team.... stay tuned.

Tomorrow I go see the family doctor to see if we can find an anti-anxiety med that I can take that will interact nicley with the heart meds....I need something to take the edge off!!!!


GOOD NEWS ONLY 5 DAYS TILL ELECTION DAY!!!!!
I WON'T TELL YOU WHO TO VOTE FOR>>>BUT GO VOTE!!

IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU CAN'T BITCH ABOUT THE OUTCOME!!!

No comments:


View My Stats