Friday, March 25, 2011

2 years ago today!!

It was 2 years ago at 9:25 AM I was still in the hospital in Kidney and Heart Failure. I was moved up the list the night before and I had 2 visitors, Leslie and Jill we were having a nice talk when the doctor came in and said, "We have a 22 year old heart, do you want it?" "Let me think about that for a second, HELL YES!!" I said.

He said to call who I needed to call and the surgery would take place later that day.

I called Sharon and told her to pack a suite case for 3 days because we have our heart. I sent a text to my co-workers, who were on their way to visit as I was sending them the message.

The rest of the day was filled with phone calls and visits.

at around 9:30PM some people where getting anxious because the surgery had not happened yet....But I was calm, the heart was mine and I knew somewhere a family was saying goodbye to a 22 year old child...and I could wait as long as it would take.

Finally at 11 PM they took me down to the holding area I said good bye to most of my family and was in the area when another friend Rebbecca came in and saw me. The last thing I remember is the doctor putting pads on my back.

I was told they started the operation at 12 AM on the 26th and it ended at 6:00 AM

As Sharon likes to Joke, That's Anthony he is quick and easy.

I have been blessed by this gift in so many ways that I can never say thank you enough to my donor or their family.

Out of respect for them THERE NOT BE A POST TOMORROW Rather it will be posted here:

2years ago today!!!!!


I received the gift of life. I received my HEART!!

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TOMORROW MARCH 26TH AND SAY A PRAYER FOR MY DONOR AND THEIR FAMILY.


IF YOU ARE NOT AN ORGAN DONOR SIGN YOUR CARD TODAY....YOU NEVER KNOW WHOSE LIFE YOU WILL SAVE!!

No comments:


View My Stats