Wednesday, November 17, 2010

May tomorrow be a perfect day...

Oops, I just looked at the clock...seems like tomorrow is already here....so hopefully today will be a perfect day.

I will be getting up at 5AM which at this point is 4 and a half hours away to shower. I will get on the road by 5:30 and head off to pick up my oldest son(Rich is a young man that I worked with who has become a member of the family...he wanted one and we had the room.) He and I will then travel in to Pittsburgh where I have an appointment at 7:40 at the transplant clinic for my next biopsy...after that we will go to the cafeteria to get something to eat and visit with my friends from TEAM PITTSBURGH, who will be selling various things to help raise money for the next games....at 12PM I have an appointment with the lung doctor...He needs to see me since I have been on the C-pap machine and medicare says he has to see me within 90 days of using the machine. From there we will go see the wonderful Dr. Ellen, who will help me put the thoughts and actions of the last week into perspective. After we will go to Kosher Mart to get Sharon somethings and then to Pinsker's as Rich would like to get something Jewish for Sharon for the holidays. Later Rich is going to come set up the flat screen high definition tv that we bought off of him....he went and got a bigger one so he had to get rid of the old 32 inch one.

Rich was is in the service as a reserve...he was deployed to Iraq in January of 09...he knew nothing about the transplant till May after it was all over...to say the least he was a little upset with us for not telling him...he had enough on his mind at the time so we did not tell him!!

I know that everything with the Biopsy is going to be fine I have had 19 months with no sign of rejection..so unless there has been a major change(which there has not been since I am still on the same meds and the levels were fine a month ago when I got blood work done) I see this as nothing but routine. The C-pap machine is doing what it needs to be doing...so I see the second appointment again as routine....and Dr Ellen and I have been making a lot of progress over the last year so I look forward to our sessions.

So what am I grateful for today....

The Doctors, nurses, lab techs and the Transplant Coordinators at the Heart Center who have taken great care of me since I met them all in January of 2009.

The Doctor, nurses and lab techs at the Lung Center who have taken care of me since early 2008.

Dr. Ellen who I met on March 3, 2009 and only had one other session with me before the Transplant to at least begin to help me make sense of things..but who has since the Transplant forced me to take a good hard look at myself and the things that I needed to deal with in order to be not only happy but healthy. I love the fact that she holds nothing back and that our style of counseling kinda are similar..ie..we both call them like we see them...and she is not afraid to call me on my own Bullshit when I need to be called on it.

Finally, I am grateful to have Rich and his son Tyler(who by the way calls me PAP...I am way to young to be called PAP) in our lives...family is what you make it..I have my family of origin...I have my extended family...and then I have the family that I created by allowing those who need one to become part of mine. I am grateful that Rich is back home safely from the war....he may still be deployed again...I am grateful that he is always willing to help his "DAD" out whenever I need him. He has been a blessing in my life as well as Sharon's and Evan's.

No comments:


View My Stats